I am truly inspired by Brandy Alexander.
Thats all I have to say. If you've ever heard of the pass it on method, read this and pass it on.
Here's an excerpt: "Our country is sad. President Obama not only fought back tears through two press conferences but quoted Scripture, more than once, while we all prayed for Newtown, CT.
For the past two years I taught eighth grade, and I remember complaining through the many lock down drills, huffing and puffing since my kids would always go cray during any sort of drill. Some of my best friends were teachers, are teachers. My mom is a teacher. This senseless act of evil has made us rethink the ideal of what, and where, is safe. Parents and nannies everywhere are holding their babies tighter and playing princess and ninjas a little bit longer, regardless of runny noses or schedules.
I'm ready for this country to get it together. Isn't it time that we love?"
For years I walked around singing Jingo Bell, Jingo Bell, Jingo Bell Rock... I'm sure we can all relate to this mantra of not knowing the real words to a song and belching them out anyway.
It wasn't until my adolescent years that I paid attention to the real words, Jingle Bell Rock; and honestly, I still don't care that I was ever wrong. I actually like and enjoy my original lyrics because they somehow derive a joy and nonchalantness which is exactly how I'd describe my way of celebrating the holiday season.
I become a kid again in all ways- not thinking about what the real words are or what the real world is. I like to call this my "jingo" bell rock.
I'll share some examples:
1. Dressing up like a Christmas ornament to attend some of the most elaborate parties a girl could ever pretend to be a part of.
2. Busting a move at a Corporate Holiday Party for work where most come in their usual hidden personality black dress or suit.
3. Pretending to be a video game icon while playing laser tag with a team of people I usually interact with via email at work.
4. Practicing my new years resolutions in hopes that I can follow them all through in 2013.
5. And lastly, walking around singing Jingo Bell Rock despite knowing the real words simply because... I feel like it.
The things I write about are the love of my life and the life of my love!