For years I walked around singing Jingo Bell, Jingo Bell, Jingo Bell Rock... I'm sure we can all relate to this mantra of not knowing the real words to a song and belching them out anyway.
It wasn't until my adolescent years that I paid attention to the real words, Jingle Bell Rock; and honestly, I still don't care that I was ever wrong. I actually like and enjoy my original lyrics because they somehow derive a joy and nonchalantness which is exactly how I'd describe my way of celebrating the holiday season.
I become a kid again in all ways- not thinking about what the real words are or what the real world is. I like to call this my "jingo" bell rock.
I'll share some examples:
1. Dressing up like a Christmas ornament to attend some of the most elaborate parties a girl could ever pretend to be a part of.
2. Busting a move at a Corporate Holiday Party for work where most come in their usual hidden personality black dress or suit.
3. Pretending to be a video game icon while playing laser tag with a team of people I usually interact with via email at work.
4. Practicing my new years resolutions in hopes that I can follow them all through in 2013.
5. And lastly, walking around singing Jingo Bell Rock despite knowing the real words simply because... I feel like it.
The things I write about are the love of my life and the life of my love!